Backend Engineer Internship
Wie zijn wij
Seenons is een IT bedrijf opgericht in 2019 met een missie om mensen bij elkaar te brengen voor een restafvalvrije wereld. Wij gebruiken IT en smart logistics om bedrijven, transport en logistiek partners, afvaldienstverleners, circulaire verwerkers en gemeenten bij elkaar te brengen om duurzamere afvaloplossingen mogelijk te maken. Met onze app kunnen bedrijven in 1 klik regelen dat hun afval op de meest efficiënte en duurzame manier wordt opgehaald.
As a Backend Engineer Intern at Seenons, you get to own parts of the Seenons Platform. This is the cornerstone of our company. Your ideas will be valued and will play a key role in developing products our customers love to use. We don’t expect you to know it all, but we expect you to want to learn with eagerness to overcome new challenges and prove yourself.
Your main responsibility will be to help develop new features, end-to-end. You maintain and optimize backend features for our existing range of Web Applications and implement tests for new API components. By working closely with the wider tech team you will embrace new challenges and requirement pivots, as we continue to grow and adjust priorities. Help us evolve the technical backbone of Seenons, to enable us to build the platform for the circular economy!
Jouw vaardigheden en wat we jou leren
At Seenons, our company culture is very important for us. Therefore we are looking for you if you are open-minded, driven and full of initiative. Also you like to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, where your skills in communication and teamwork help you get far in the job. Next to that you have affinity with sustainability/circularity. Therefore you immediately feel like you want to get started with our mission!
◦ You are familiar with the concept of REST APIs
◦ Experience with the following is a plus: AWS (ECS, S3) and NestJS
◦ The chance to experience the first days of an ambitious and fast-growing start-up.
◦ A learning curve so steep that it’s making loops.
◦ Internship allowance.
◦ A team of 25 young, enthusiastic and international colleagues.
◦ The opportunity to contribute to the race to zero waste together.
◦ An opportunity to really make a difference within our organization. Lots of freedom and responsibility. Your opinion counts!
◦ Office that meets the RIVM requirements – even in this time of (partial) working from home, we are still looking for committed people!
◦ A hip, renovated office in the Houthavens area in Amsterdam, close to Amsterdam CS / Sloterdijk.
◦ In better times we prepare a fresh, local and organic lunch every day and we enjoy a drink at the office every Friday.